The result at right of my first go in a long time at cloning a blouse Here is that post :
making a pattern from the existing blouse.
As they say on the radio, this was a test, I repeat, only a test. I skipped adding the cuffs for the test version.
The real blouse will be made from Liberty cotton purchased in the shop in London.
I was set to cut it out from a scrap of bedsheets, but then thought - with just a bit of care I can sew the whole thing. I was planning to go through all the steps, collar, placket etc. so better to use some real fabric. I had this turquoise gingham so that became a summer shirt.
This is the original blouse which I copied.
Here is a look at the collar. A while ago I did a post about collars and collar stands, and a really great method I saw on a PBS tv show with Louise Cutting (who often writes in Threads magazine) If you are interested here is the link Cotton blouse with variations.
I am really happy with the way this turned out, and am crossing my fingers that I get the same result when I cut into that expensive Liberty fabric. Here is a peek at it. The purple at the bottom is for a bias trim along the hemline.
If you are interesting in cloning a garment that you have, I do recommend the book I mentioned in my last post: Patternmaking for a Perfect Fit by Steffani Lincecum. very helpful.
Here is today's Sunnygal Garden photo, this Hydrangea is right by my front door, and is really not my favorite, I like the mophead type better. As it happens this one is huge - almost crowding out the other shrubs in that area. Good thing it puts out a lot of blooms or I might have to take defensive action. No mercy here for plants that are not performers!
and to those celebrating Independence Day, July 4 - have a great one!