Here are some subjects you might want to tackle:
- Zippers - from a basic centered to a hidden invisible side seam zipper, lots of techniques to make you fearless. Fly-front on a pair of pants, hand-picked zippers on a vintage style.
- Facings and Interfacings - how to deal with pesky garment facings including eliminating them entirely. Fusible interfacings and when/where to use.
- Pockets and buttonholes - they always appear on a nice tailored garment but can be stressful. I can help you conquer welt pockets and bound buttonholes.
- Pattern preparation and cutting out your fabric - I have lots of timesaving tips and ways to simplify this part of the project.
- Linings - in any pattern. How to replace the facings or create a lining when the pattern does not have one. How to attach the lining and add extra comfort to the garment.
- Sleeves - how to fit and insert the sleeve, also how to choose the right shoulder pads or other stabilizers in a dress or jacket.
- Collars and Lapels - construction, trimming, pressing, sewing order. A necessary skill for shirts and jackets.
- Fitting - help with fitting a specific style or pattern.
- My favorite challenge - recreating a ready to wear look using a commercial pattern.
- How to copy your existing garment - those pants that fit or the most beautiful blouse you have worn to shreds, you can make a pattern from that garment to remake a new version
- Help! What is your sewing nemesis? Let me know and we can tame it.
If you are interested in one-on-one lessons with me here (San Francisco bay area) email me to inquire about schedules and pricing: sunnygalstudio (at) gmail.com.