Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sew a child's apron - new post on the Craftsy Blog

Are you making progress on your holiday sewing? I am giving myself a break this year - sewing very few holiday gifts this year which certainly takes the pressure off. I have ordered so many things online, such a civilized way to shop! Everything comes full circle. Somehow ordering via the web and having packages delivered by the cute UPS guy makes me think of history lessons we learned in school here in the west. Is this is the 21st century version of that iconic Wells Fargo stagecoach bringing goods to our pioneer forefathers (and mothers) living in isolated towns, waiting impatiently for their shipment of muslin and calico, needles and thread? Not to mention Christmas trees - if you believe what you see in Hollywood movies or TV commercials.

I digress - back to holiday sewing. I have a new post up today on the Craftsy blog, with a quick step-by-step photo tutorial on how to make a child's chef apron. And my neighbors proved to be great models :)


Apron blog post

In other sewing news, I have started another blazer jacket (I know - how many jackets can one person wear). I had a piece of fabric that was just begging to be sewn up for the holiday/winter season so I plan to finish that today. Wool + Plaid + velvet = I will wear it immediately.
Thanks for all the great comments on the Burda dress. It does look great on her. Bonus, I have a small remnant of fabric remaining which might become a V1247 skirt for me.

OK - back to the sewing machine! with a detour later to plant more bulbs. A little late in the season but I went into the garden center to buy a gift for someone else and came out with that plus some half off bulbs. I am helpless in the face of discounted plants. pathetic !

Happy Holiday Sewing, Beth

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh about pre-Internet and waiting for the mail to bring your packages. In small town Alaska thats the way it still is. No UPS guys outside of Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau and a few other communities (under 5).

    Apron sewing is fun especially when sewing for a child plus its very easy. I have made a few, last year I made one out of denim for my son-in-law. It was quick even with all of the red topstitching.

    Annette in Juneau

    ReplyDelete