Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Now offering Virtual Sewing Lessons: sign up via Hello Stitch Studio links

Hi all - times are weird and I guess my mantra is just keep sewing. Well, not all the time but I've definitely gotten into some fun projects and will have a very wild jacket and jeans suit to wear when we bust out of isolation.

In the meanwhile I've received some messages and emails asking if I could do on-line lessons, and the answer is yes!

You can register, select a time and pay for lessons on the Hello Stitch website. The lessons will most likely be conducted via Zoom, although if that doesn't work for you let me know and we will figure something out. (also if Zoom isn't an option let me know and we'll see if we can use something else).

The studio is a small business that obviously had to shut their doors during this pandemic, and I really want them to succeed - after 2 and half years the momentum was fantastic, classes were filling up and the place has become such a warm and welcoming place to stitchers of any level.

Right now we have two listings, one for private lessons and one for a class.

Private lessons:  You can register and pick a time slot on the Hello Stitch website. Here's the link to the registration .  When you click on the Book Now button it takes you to a calendar page where you can choose a time slot. Note the calendar lists a few days that I'm available and I can add others. If you need a different time email me and we will figure out a time.

I'm ready to help with any garment sewing questions. I know we are all stuck at home working with the supplies we have so questions about construction techniques may be on your mind.  If you need  some pattern hacking advice to get the look you want, troubleshooting with unclear instructions or even fitting help I can do that.
I think you can also include a message when you book to let me know what your focus is.  I will email you prior to get more specifics. But don't feel you have to have a specific project - if you need general sewing advice or encouragement I'm happy to talk sewing any time.

Lesson virtual solo


I'm doing an online version of my How to Read a Pattern class. 
Sunday April 19  10:30am - 11:15am  (Pacific Time) 
Here's the link to register.   

If you are looking for a bit of sewing camaraderie or want to hear me talk about patterns, how to choose your starting size, a quick overview of how to match the right fabric with a particular pattern and then some group chat on these topics.

So if you have some Sewing and Pattern questions in your #sewisolation I will discuss how to choose your pattern size and explain how different brands handle sizing differently. I'll also review what I think is one of the most important things in sewing success - the right fabric choice. Then we will have a Q&A so you can ask questions and get advice on fabric pairings. 
Plus you will get to meet (virtually) other stitchers 😊 I think the class is limited to 5 people.


Virtual class info 2


Hope to see you online! I think those of us who sew have quite the advantage - no desperate need to fill the hours of #stayhome. It's time to pull that precious fabric or challenging pattern out and get going on a project we've been dreaming about.

Happy Sewing,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment